Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kera :(

This morning I went to go get Drake and Kera up from bed. I usually get Drake out of bed first, and change his diaper, etc. Because he likes to try and take Kera's diaper away if I change her first. Since the changing table is part of his crib. So I got Drake out, and I always give Kera kisses while I bend down to get the wipes. She felt so incredibly HOT!

I took Drake to the breakfast room and crumbled a strawberry nutrigrain bar for him. Went to get Kera to change her diaper. She was in the corner of her bed sucking her little fingers. I took her out, and wow, I could really feel the heat all over her little body. It was suprising, because I've never had to deal with this before. I took her temperature and it was 102.2. I gave her a dose of tyenol, and called Daddy at work. He said to just keep an eye on her. She ate fine, drank her milk fine, and played fine.

1pm, was nap time. 3pm Drake started screaming. I went into their room, and Kera was so cranky, and looked so red. I put my hand on her to see... she felt REALLY REALLY HOT! I got Drake out, changed his diaper, put him in his high chair, and gave him some Ritz crackers. Went back got Kera, took her temperature. 103.1! I started crying my eyes out! It all flashed back to me that during Christmas this past year Kera had a 100.0 fever, Dane called the nurse line (since it was at night) and they said take her to the ER if it gets over 103. So that is why I was bawling my eyes out! :(

I called Dane- no answer. I called my mom, she said to get the pedi's number, and I told her I don't have it. So she was getting the number for me. Called Dane back, finally an answer. He called the pedi set up an appointment, and he left work. We met at the doctors office, when I got there I took her temp again, and it was 103.4!

The doctor said that it is probably Roseola. She had to get her blood drawn :(. We came home, and she was BURNING up. We took her temperature, and it was 104. Daddy gave her a cool bath. The doc called later to give us the results of the blood test and he said he was 99% sure that it was a virus not an infection.

We ate dinner, the kids played for a little bit. I've got to say this, I asked Kera "Where is the baby", she turned around and walked to her baby and picked it up! I was so proud. This was the first time she did this, she hardly plays with her baby! :D

We put the kids down for bed. At around 9pm she woke up crying. I went to get her and I tried to comfort her in our bed, but she just wanted to play (which included head butting me in the nose). Her hair was drenched with sweat. I put her back to bed a few minutes later, and she went right back to sleep. I checked on her about an hour ago, and she feels cool to the touch. So I am not sure if it was Roseola or not. We will find out tomorrow or Friday if she gets a rash or not. It may have just been a 24 hour bug of somesort.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment