Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bye Bye Bottles, Hello Sippy Cups!

I had been apprehensive about the whole switch to the sippy cup for some reason. After this topic was brought up on a forum, I told Dane that I would like to do the transition this weekend! We did, and now it has been two days without bottles. They are doing VERY well! It has been such a smooth transition, and I am so happy. I really shouldn't of had any doubts. My children are amazing :). They do prefer straw sippy cups to regular spout sippy cups, but that is ok, because I heard that the straw sippy cups work their talking muscles. It must, because Drake has started to babble now. It is too sweet. He has such a cute little voice!

Today when we got home from getting their party supplies, and going grocery shopping for our dredded 10 day diet :(, Drake and Kera were in the living room. Kera picked up an empty bowl, and put it to her face, and played peek a boo with Drake. They were both giggling so hard! It was the sweetest thing. I love when they play with eachother, and show love to eachother.

Kera also was practicing her gymnastic moves today. She was on the hard surface by our front door, and she stood up by herself, and she reached down for her cup. She kept reaching and reaching, as her feet seperated more and more and more, and she finally did the splits! It was pretty funny!

Well less than two weeks until their first birthday, and less than two weeks until their first birthday party! I am not sure what to expect, I should of put RSVP on the invites. We invited 80 people, but I am pretty sure not all of them are going to come, but I need to know who is not going to come, or who is, so I can get a approximet guest list. I am not that great trying to put together a party :(. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment