Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Consultation appointment.

Drake had his consultation appointment, his second one mind you, for his circumcision. Basically the Urologist said "There is no medical reason to perform a circumcision, his foreskin pulls back nicely. If you go through with a circumcision, it is because the two of you wanted to do it." So it definitely made Dane and I think. There are pros and cons to each side of the debate. Over all we decided to do it. Now if something happens to my baby boy during surgery, or complications after, I will definitely never be able to forgive my self. I don't even want to think of the ifs but they are there. I don't want to hand my baby boy off to a complete stranger, and then have him sedated. That is so scary to me. I wish I could be in the room with him to hold his little hand, and rub his hair. I just can't bare the thought of something happening to my little man. We are doing a cosmetic procedure, is it really worth all the risks? I am not sure really. Overall I think we are going to do it and get it over with while he is young. It is such a tough decision. I think we will be scheduling it for July. That way it will be after their birthday and our Corpus Christi trip, and after 4th of July, and before the arrival of Drake and Kera's cousin Avery Kate.

I hope Avery and Kera will be very close growing up. It would be so cute to see the two of them playing Barbie's, dolls, etc. together. I can't wait until she makes her debut. Well I can, but you know what I mean. I am happy that D and A found out the gender today. :)

Oh, Drake and Kera went to visit the Easter bunny today as well. Drake LOVED the Easter bunny. He was just hamming it up. Kera on the other hand, I don't think she was too amused. She had a look on her face like 'take my picture already so I can get off of this bunnys lap'.

Drake and Kera also got their first pair of 'real' walking shoes today. We went to stride rite and got them their first pair of shoes. Crazy expensive, but they hardly even notice they are there. Any other shoe you put on them, well Drake rather, he will just sit down, and refuse to stand up. These are very light, flexible, shoes. I think he loves them. He stands better in them in my opinion, as well as Kera. I hope they fit for a while!!! If not, they are going in a box for our next kid. Well even if they do fit for a while, that is where they are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment