Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy 10 month birthday ;)

Today Drake and Kera are ten months old! Where does the time go? I know I've been saying this for the past like six months, but my babies are about to turn one!!! REALLY, only two more months until I have TODDLERS instead of babies on my hands! Of course they will always be my babies!

So today Dane and I practiced walking with our loves today. Kera stands for so long now, and if I just give her my fingers she will take steps! Drake is starting to let go of things while standing. He gets so excited, and he bounces and huffs, kind of hard to explain. He just gets so excited by standing. He too will take steps if you give him your finger. I let go sometimes, and she tries to take steps, but falls. I don't think it will be very long at all before they are able to walk!

For the past couple of nights Drake has been fighting his sleep. It's like he needs mommy to rock him. Last night, I rocked him to sleep, and I was singing to him, and he just looked at me and started to talk (jibber jabber) in the tone that I was singing to him! It was the sweetest thing. Then a few seconds later he passed out. Tonight, he drank another 4 oz of formula, and I rocked him and he fell asleep on my shoulder. As soon as I put him down in his bed, he woke right up and looked at me and started to cry. I rubbed his face and the bridge of his nose, and he fell back to sleep. As soon as I stopped he woke up, looked at me with those big tired eyes, and started to cry. So I rubbed his face again, and the bridge of his nose, and his hair. He fell asleep, I stoped he woke back up. This literally happened fifteen times! It was the sweetest thing. He loves me so much ;).

Drake and Kera took another nap with Daddy and I this afternoon. I am not sure if we'll make this a tradition or not, because they usually sleep for 2 hours in their cribs, but if they sleep with us, it's only for 30 mins to one hour. I really would like to make it a little family tradition though, because Dane and I both like to spend the extra time with them, and watch them sleep.

What else is new? Oh yes, this past week we have been experimenting with table foods for Drake and Kera. This week they have had Spaghetti, garlic bread (garlic powder not garlic salt on their slice), corn and meatballs. We put this in the food processor to mush it up a little... they LOVED IT. They had burrito stuff , which included unseasoned meat for them, itty bitty pieces of tomatoes, a tiny bit of refried beans, and shredded cheese. They LOVED that too. They also got pancakes Saturday, and waffles today! They tasted a tiny bit of chicken and dumplings Friday night. They are getting a lot better with their chewing. We just need to practice a lot.

I am really nervous about next month. We are going to start transitioning them to whole milk. Their ped said that we can start when they are 11 months, and do an oz of milk for a couple of days. So instead of their 8oz formula bottle, it would be one oz of milk, and seven oz of formula. Do that for a couple of days, and up the oz of milk per formula. Once we get all milk, one weekend we are going to be brave and take away the bottles and start them on sippys. I mean they drink water out of sippys now, but it's just going to be sippys and no more bottles. This will HAVE to be a weekend, because I know it will be a hard couple of days. I am so scared.... I hope they transition to the couple of changes that are heading their way in just a month and a half :(.

Not too far away, I'll be potty training... aHHH, I'll just worry about the sippy cups and whole milk for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment