Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas time is over...

So tonight we had my extended family Christmas. It was a great time! The highlight of the whole evening is when my niece Faith, gave me her baby blanket, her security blanket since she's been a newborn until now which this month she is turning seven, to give to Kera. And her favorite stuffed animal since she was a baby to give to Drake. It made me cry my eyes out!!! It was the sweetest thing EVER. I remember Faith curling up with the blanket when she was a baby, a toddler, a big girl! She never left without that blanket!!!! EVER! So it was a very big thing for her to do. Just thinking about it, it brings tears to my eyes. I am hoping that Kera will be that close to that blanket as well, and I hope that it stays intact until Faith has a child MANY YEARS FROM NOW, than Kera can give it back to her child. Same with the stuffed animal! Oh I just love that girl!

Today was a big deal for Drake as well, he learned how to climb over the living room step! He went over the step and was heading towards the bedrooms, and Kera climbed over the step and headed towards the kitchen. My hands are full now. I love my life with them! They are so amazing. It's so fun just to sit back and watch them, and see them learning. Kera gets so excited sometimes it looks like she's dancing by hopping up and down on her butt while sitting, and she brings her hands together, and does a big cheesy grin! I miss them already, but they are in bed.

This next week will be difficult for us, I am pretty sure Daddy will not see them at all this upcoming week, because he has to work late all next week. So that will be a different routine, I hope he gets to come home to see his children before bed. I am sure that would be difficult on him also, as well as the rest of us. We are used to daddy being home.

Well that was all for today, I'll be washing Faiths old blankie and stuffed animal tomorrow, so Drake and Kera can start having them tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment