Friday, January 9, 2009

Goodbye 2008...

Goodbye 2008! Hello 2009!

We had a busy 2008, with our new home, my pregnancy, the twins early arrival, 3 weeks of NICU time, the loss of someone special, the heartbreaking news of two other family members, and a hurricane. Some memories were the best memories I've ever had, and others were the worst. I am so happy to see 2008 be a year of the past, but 2008 will always have an impact on our family.

I welcome 2009 with open arms. I am trying to stick to my new year resolutions, and it's not even the end of January yet ;). I have yet to stick with a new year resolution, but this year, I am making that one of my new year resolutions is to stick with it and accomplish it! One of which is to start blogging, I know kind of lame, but it helps me get things off of my chest. I have a personal blog, but this is for the family. One to talk mostly about Drake and Kera.

So for those of you who don't know. They both have two bottom teeth. Kera sits up by herself, crawls all over the house (literally), and she says DaDa. The other morning, Dane called me at 8am, and the three of us were still sleeping. I didn't answer the phone, nor did I know who it was, and I heard Kera from her crib let out a small cry, and say DaDa, and then fall back to sleep. When I woke up, I checked the caller ID, and sure enough it was DaDa. She loves her DaDa more than anything!!! Drake sits up if we put him in that position, but he's getting a whole lot better! He smiles all the time, and he says MaMa! :)Yes, he's my little man, a mommy's boy for sure! Don't be mistaken, he loves his daddy too! He just smiles all the time. He army crawls, he watches his sister crawl over the step in the living room, and I think he's kind of jealous. But I am super happy that both of them do not do that. He looks at his sister, and smiles and laughs at her. I often go into their playroom, and there is slobber all over Kera's hair, I am assuming from Drakes mouth by giving her kisses :).

I can't believe that I am already in the midst of planning their first birthday. It blows my mind, that this past year has gone by way too fast. I often look back on the NICU experience, and I can hardly remember it. It's sad really. I don't want them to grow up this fast.

I am sure at the end of 2009 I will look back on this blog, and forget half of the things that they have done. This is why I created this blog, so that I can share with you all, and myself what our family is up to ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment